- March 31, 2020
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Cpanel
How to Configure DMARC Record in cPanel
DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance) is an e-mail authentication method designed to help reduce e-mail abuse, such as spam. It builds upon the SPF (Sender Policy Framework) and DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) authentication methods to provide e-mail senders and recipients a more reliable way to exchange messages.
CONFIGURING A DMARC TXT RECORD IN DNS
To enable DMARC for your domain, you must add a TXT record to your domain’s DNS entries that contains the DMARC configuration data. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel
- In the DOMAINS section of the cPanel home screen, click Zone Editor:
- Locate the domain you want to configure, and then click Manage.
- Click the down arrow icon next to Add Record, and then click Add TXT Record.
- In the Name text box, type _dmarc.
- When your cursor leaves this text box, cPanel automatically adds the domain name to _dmarc, for example, _dmarc.example.com.
- In the TTL text box, type 14400.
- In the Type list box, select TXT.
In the Record text box, type the DMARC configuration line.
- Click Add Record. cPanel adds the TXT record for DMARC.
Now you know how to setup DMARC records in your cPanel for email validation.