- October 15, 2020
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Windows Servers
How to Remote Desktop to Windows
There are several ways to connect to a remote PC across the internet such as TeamViewer, LogMeIn, GoToMyPC etc. Windows has two built-in tools to access remote PC, they are Remote Desktop Connection and Remote Assistance. You can connect to another computer using Remote Desktop Connection that is running on windows platform. To access a remote PC via RDP, make sure that both PCs are powered up and that the remote access is enabled to your PC. To enable remote access on your PC, follow the below steps:
1) Power on your PC.
2) Click on Start >> Control panel >> System.
3) Click on the Remote settings link in the left task panel.
4) Select “System Properties” and click on “Remote” tab.
5) Select the radio button “Allow remote connections to this computer”.
6) Click Ok.
Follow the below steps to remote desktop to Windows.
1) Open the Start menu and type “Remote Desktop” in the search box and click on “Remote Desktop Connection”.
2) Click on “Show options”.
3) Enter the IP address and username of the target computer and click on the button “Connect”.
4) Enter password of the account you configured in the target computer’s Remote Desktop settings and click on the “OK” button.
You are now logged in to the target computer from your Windows workstation.