- October 27, 2020
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Migration
How to Transfer WHM Backup to Remote Destination Through FTP?
The backups are an inevitable part of the websites/Servers. Consider the situation if you have accidentally deleted your website file/directory it may affect your whole website. If you have a valid backup you can simply restore the website from backup so the website backup is the most important thing to protect your server against data loss. cPanel/WHM offers to create server backup in the WHM. You can configure backups daily, weekly and monthly in WHM. Please refer following KB to configure backup in WHM. WHM Backup Configuration Explained
Some cases you don’t have sufficient space in your server. In this case, you can transfer the configured backup to the remote server. In this tutorial, we will discuss how to transfer the configured backup to a remote server on WHM.
Once you have configured all things, the system will generate first cPanel account backup and transferred this back up to the remote server once the transfer has been completed system will generate next account backup and transferred to remote server.
Configure the FTP destination.
1) Login to WHM as a root user.
2) Go to Home >> Backup >> Backup Configuration.
3) Go to Additional Destination >> FTP from Destination type
4) Click the button “Create New Destination”.
5) Then you will get new window likes below screenshots and enter following details of the remote server.
6) Once you enter all required details click on the button ” Save and Validate Destination”.
7) Then click “Save Configuration” once the validation has been successfully completed.
8) Now you can check the transferring is working or not by running the backup manually.
Run below command to run the backup manually.
From there you will get a new log file and you can check the backup and transfer process from that log file.