- October 31, 2020
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: WordPress
Install WordPress Theme Using FTP Client Filezilla
We can modify our WordPress site’s appearance and layout using WordPress themes. WordPress theme is a collection of templates and stylesheets used to define the appearance and display of a WordPress powered website. WordPress theme changes the look of our WordPress sites in an elegant way without changing the core functionalities of the site.
Most WordPress Themes provide:
- The overall design and style of our site.
- Font styling.
- Widget locations.
- Page layouts.
- Styles for blog posts and blog archives.
- Additional stylistic details.
There are several free and paid WordPress Themes available. You can download themes from the WordPress Theme Directory, those themes are checked and inspected, and are free for downloading or you can download the themes from third-party websites which offer free or paid WordPress themes.
You can also download themes which are not available on WordPress Theme Directory from the third-party websites which offer free or paid themes and you can install the downloaded theme using Filezilla, an FTP client.
The steps to installing a WordPress theme using Filezilla are listed below:
Before installing a theme which is downloaded from a third-party site, consider the following:
Evaluate whether you really trust the theme provider.
Check out the reviews of the theme and the specific theme provider.
Make sure the file is truly a .ZIP file once it’s downloaded.
The prerequisites for this method are a .ZIP WordPress theme file, FTP hostname, username, password, and Filezilla.
1) Unzip the downloaded .ZIP theme in your local system.
2) Open Filezilla and enter the host, username, and password then click “Quickconnect”.
3) Select the target directory, “wp-content/themes,” on your web server in the right pane.
4) In the local site (left pane), locate the folder where you saved the theme. In this tutorial, we will use the hitchcock theme saved in the desktop. Then right-click on the “hitchcock” folder in the local site and click “Upload”
5) Now you have just uploaded the new theme in WordPress. Login to WordPress dashboard to make the theme in use. Then Go to Appearance > Themes.
6) You can see the uploaded theme was listed in your WordPress dashboard.
7) To activate the new theme, move the mouse pointer to the Hitchcock theme. The Activate and Live Preview button will appear. Click “Activate”.
8) Go to your WordPress site and see the newly activated theme.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.