- June 4, 2020
- Posted by: administrator
- Category: Plesk
Uploading your database
- Login to your the Plesk Control Panel and open the File Manager.
- Open the private folder and select Add New Folder.
- Click the Browse button and location the database file (*.mdb) file from your local computer.
- Press the OK button to upload it.
Setting up a database connection
- Click on Home to return to the Home page and select ODBC Settings under Services.
- Click on the “Add new ODBC DSN” button
- Enter the name of the new connection for the database uploaded in the previous steps (You must only use letters and numbers – no spaces). You can also add an optional description.
- From the drop down, select “Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)” and click OK.
- Enter the Database File Path, this will be in a format similar to: E:\inetpub\vhosts\<example.com*gt;\private\<uploaded_database.mdb> (See the section Finding the Database Path below) where example.com is your domain name and uploaded_database.mdb is the name of the database uploaded to the site. Normally the domain name will not include the www part.
- The rest of the fields are optional and are normally not needed.
- Click on the “Test” button and if the connection has been created correctly you will be shown the message “Connection Successful”.
- If you do not see “Connection Successful” please check you have specifed the correct path (without the www). If you need to enter a password to open the database enter the appropriate username and password details.
Finding the Database Path
- Save the attachment shown below “showpath.asp” and upload this to the ‘httpdocs’ folder for your website.
- Browse to this page in your web browser http://www.example.com/showpath.asp (replacing www.example.com)
- This should show you a path similar to C:\inetpub\vhosts\<example.com*gt;\httpdocs\showpath.asp
- To create the path to your database remove the portion “httpdocs\showpath.asp” from the end and add “private\<uploaded_database.mdb>.
- Once this is working, please remove the file showpath.asp from your website as it is no longer needed